Ocurate is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our marketing team to help us build and drive Ocurate’s story and industry leadership. The Content Marketing Manager will own the creation and direction of all content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats. The goal of these efforts is to increase website traffic and drive engagement, qualified lead generation, customer retention, and other positive customer-related outcomes.
Reporting to our Head of Marketing and Customer Success, the Content Marketing Manager will help define our brand story, in addition to developing consistency for our brand’s storytelling. They will also have a strong passion for understanding content performance, reporting, and analytics.
The content manager role requires a combination of marketing and publishing mindsets, leading at all times with a “customer first” mentality. In essence, the content manager is the company storyteller and must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer.
Our Content Marketing Manager will lead the development of our content initiatives with a publisher/journalist mindset, in all forms, to drive new business and cultivate new opportunities with our current client base through their work.
The right candidate sees the value of every person on our team and allows them to tell their stories and share their expertise with our audience.
What you will do:
- Help discover and monitor where our prospects and customers are actively present.
- Publish two or more authored and/or ghost-written new pieces of content per week, be it text (blog articles), video, or audio (podcasts).
- Interview internal and external subject matter experts for content.
- Write content for company email marketing efforts, including newsletters, automated workflows, sales collateral etc.
- Own all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Monitor search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for website and content.
- Create social media content for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Premium content development and production, including ebooks, guides, white papers, webinars, etc.
- Write copy for landing pages for lead generation.
- Be a constant learner. We encourage individuals to take time for professional development and continued education in relevant areas (e.g., SEO, conversion copywriting, and HubSpot certifications).
The content manager will be measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects, through the consistent development and deployment of content.
Specific measurements of this criteria include:
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (i.e. conversions, submissions, purchases, etc.).
- Growth in website traffic; specifically, organic reach and other inbound traffic sources.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- An understanding of common editorial style guides, e.g. AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- Great at telling a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume information.
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing.
- Incredible people skills.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
What We Offer:
- Fully remote role in fully remote company
- Flexible PTO
- 401k with employer match
- Reimbursement of monthly health care premiums (we do not offer employer sponsored coverage at this time)
- Salary range: $65K-$80K along with competitive equity package